AOKP Build 4 ROM for Google Nexus 10
ROMs [March 02, 2013 at 2:22 AM] 407 views
Google Nexus 10 tablet has received the new AOKP JB Milestone Release build 4 which is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS. Use this guide in order to flash the new custom ROM on your tablet successfully.
- Enable USB debugging option
- Create a full NANDROID backup of your current ROM before getting to the tutorial. It will set a restore point for your device and you can use it in case your device is unable to boot normally after installing this new ROM.
- Do not blame us in case you lose any data in the process. Also, we cannot be held responsible in case you lose data after installing this new ROM.
- Make sure that you read the entire post and that you don’t skip any steps that I’ve listed.
- Your tablet’s battery should have enough power left before switching off, so that you will be able to install the ROM without worrying about the battery charge level.
Steps for rooting Google Nexus 10 to Android 4.2.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4:
- Download the ROM below. Save the file on your PC.
- Download Gapps for CM 10.1 below. Get the CM10.1 version and not another one.
- Connect your tablet to your computer when the files are copied. Use the USB cable and copy both files on to your device’s internal SDcard without extract the zip contents.
- Disconnect the tablet from PC and after that you should power it off.
- Boot it into Custom Recovery mode.
- When you’re at the main menu of the Recovery mode, select ‘backup and restore’ and create a NANDROID backup of your current ROM. NOTE: If you have a backup then you can skip this step.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm this step. NOTE: if your tablet is already sporting an AOKP JB MR1 ROM then you can skip this step.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the custom ROM zip and confirm that you want to install it.
- Select again the ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option and this time you should flash the Gapps file.
- Return to the main menu of the Recovery mode and then you should select ‘reboot system now’.
- Wait for the tablet to boot into normal mode and that should be all, you’ve managed to install a new custom ROM on your Nexus 10.
- If the first boot process takes too long to complete or the tablet enters a boot loop, then you should power off the tablet and then repeat the entire tutorial once again. The second time you should make sure that the actions listed under step 7 are complete, as that might be the reason why the new AOKP JB MR1 ROM didn’t install the first time.
- These were all the steps that you had to take and now you should start testing the ROM and see how is your Nexus 10 working with it. Tell us in comments all your opinions and if you managed to find any errors or bugs while testing it.
- If you don’t like this new ROM, then you should use the Recovery mode and restore the Nandroid backup of your previous Google Nexus 10 ROM. For any other questions use the comments section below.
Tags: Android 4.2.2, Google Nexus 10, Google Nexus 10 ROMs
Download the custom ROM at HERE or HERE
Download Gapps for CM10.1