Re-Lock Verizon HTC Droid DNA ADR6435 Bootloader
Root [February 02, 2013 at 10:50 AM] 738 views
- The Android SDK should be installed on your PC along with an updated Android Debug Bridge software. More info you can find in the XDA Developers forums.
- Enable USB debugging for your device from its Android developer settings.
- Backup all your data as your device will be restored to stock firmware after re-lock.
- Sync your contacts with your Gmail account.
- All the other data should be moved on your computer.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery power level is over 50%. This will prevent it from powering off while you’re changing its settings.
How to relock the HTC Droid DNA AD6435 Bootloader:
- Download the HTC RUU Executable file from below this post. The complete name of the file is this: (RUU_DLX_WL_JB_45_VERIZON _WWE_1.15.605.4_Radio_1.00.00.1023_3_NV _VZW_1.98_002_release_290923_signed.exe, md5sum: a8246fae48ef00dbf3b2d7aa1a2a0090).
- Save the file on your PC.
- Power off the HTC Droid DNA device.
- Now you have to boot it into Bootloader mode. It can be done by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down keys.
- Select ‘fastboot’ option from the Bootloader selection menu and then press Power to load the Fastboot mode.
- Next, connect your device to PC using the USB cable.
- Launch the Command Prompt on your computer.
- Enter this command and make sure that the phone’s serial number appears after entering it: fastboot device
- Now, in order to relock the bootloader, you will need to enter the following command line:
> fastboot oem lock
- When the phone’s bootloader tells you that the bootloader has been locked you will have to restart the device into Fastboot mode once again.
- Now, launch the HTC RUU executable file on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the re-lock is complete you will notice that your device restarts to stock firmware.
That’s it, you’ve managed to relock the bootloader of your HTC Droid DNA. The HBOOT / Bootloader menu should say ‘RELOCKED’ and that will mean that the guide was successful.
How to re-unlock the HTC Droid DNA AD6435 Bootloader after you’ve relocked it:
- Power off the smartphone.
- Boot into Bootloader mode. Press Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Select the ‘Fastboot’ option and confirm that you want to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Next, you will have to copy the ‘Unlock token’ you got when you’ve unlocked the device the first time. You received it from HTCdev. Copy the file in to the folder where ‘Fastboot exe’ file is present.
- Now, connect your device to your computer.
- Launch the Command Prompt window.
- Enter this command to make sure that your device has been recognized: fastboot devices
- Now, you have to install the Unlock Token by entering the following command line: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_Code.bin
- The HTC Droid DNA will restart now.
- When the restart is complete you will need to power off the device.
- Restart your device into Fastboot Mode.
- Bootloader mode should say that it is ‘UNLOCKED’. Now you can choose to install a kernel or a custom recovery. That’s it, you successfully re-unlocked your HTC Droid DNA bootloader.
NOTE: in case the guide doesn’t work the first time, you should repeat the tutorial starting with step 5. Make sure that you use the same Unlock Token you obtained from HTCdev the first time you unlocked the HTC Droid DNA bootloader.
Tags: HTC Droid DNA, HTC Droid DNA Root
Download the HTC RUU Executable – (Mirror link HERE)